We’re moving. Today. The boxes are packed, the closets are empty and remarkably I’m a little sad. This has been the most beautiful season of our lives—living across the lake from my brother and down the street from one of my sisterchicks. I live 5 minutes from three Targets for goodness sakes.
Now we’re moving into our own house. It’s big. It’s nice. It will probably be the house my children grow up in. And I know I’ll be unbelievably happy there. But today, I’m going to remember my favorite things about this little house…
- Nursing a one-year old Lydia in our bed while watching the sunrise across the lake.
- Our first family Christmas with a real Christmas tree and opening presents in our pjs.
- Lydia’s one year old, two year old and three year old birthday parties.
- Lydia’s transformation from a little one year old to a big sister at 3 years old.
- Bringing our Asa home.
- Having puppet practice in the basement.
- Living here for months with no furniture. Then bringing our furniture from Birmingham and feeling rich!
- My mom stopping by during the day because her office/storage room is right next door.
- Seeing my niece in her yard across the lake.
- Walking to Walgreen’s.
- Seeing my brother and his family every Sunday night.
- Watching our tree change with the seasons.
Of course, I won’t miss the pink carpet, the marble or the trash can holder. But I’ll cherish the memories. And I will always be thankful for the season that God gave us here.