Here’s a meme from Alexis at Ramblings From Life! This is a cool one, I like it! Someone asked her 5 questions. She answered it and now she’s asked me 5 brand spankin’ new questions! I’m assuming I have to answer them honestly, so here goes!
1. If you were trapped on an island and could only take 3 things with you (not people, laptops or cellphones) what would they be?
Well, if I’m answering this as someone who wants to be rescued, I’d take a lifeboat, a flare and a gps. If I’m answering as someone who just wants to survive, I’d take a toolbox full of tools (yes, that’s 1!), a bow & arrow (to hunt!) and some duct tape. But if I’m answering as someone who would love to lay out on the beach all day, I’d take my books, my sunglasses and some Burt’s Bee’s lip balm!
2. What is one goal in life you’d like to achieve before dying?
On a selfish level, I want to write a book. I don’t know what about. Or the audience. But I’d like to take the journey to get there–honing the craft, going to conferences, learning to write, etc.
On a familial level, I want to see Lydia and my future children & grandchildren grow up to love and serve Jesus.
3. What is the most exciting place you’ve ever traveled?
Hmmm…I’ve been to almost every state in the US. A few islands & Mexico on cruises. One missions trip to Ecuador. I’d say the most exciting place was Ecuador. Well, it wouldn’t have been all that exciting if it hadn’t been for my mom. She wanted to buy some shoes off a street vendor. (They were really cool shoes.) So, he made us follow him about 5 blocks from our hotel, up 3 stories in a scary old building into a tiny room filled top to bottom with shoes. It was the scariest place I’ve ever been. I told her that I was asking God to forgive her in case we got murdered. We weren’t murdered and we bought 2 pairs of shoes. One pair ended up being about 1 size too small, the other pair about 3 sizes too big. I guess you can’t concentrate on your feet when you’re afraid you’re about to be kidnapped or maimed.
4. What is your dream car?
Honestly, cars are so NOT my thing. I hardly know what kind of car I have. So, I go with generalizations–air conditioning, no dents, tinted windows and place to plug in my ipod.
5. Do you believe in Heaven or Hell? Why or why not?
Yay, that was fun! So, now! Onto my 5 questions. Hmmm….thinking, thinking…ok, here goes:
1. What’s your favorite piece of furniture in your house & why?
2. Why does X stand for a kiss?
3. What’s your guilty pleasure website? You know, the one you might be embarrassed to tell us you visit every day!
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. What did you do for your 16th birthday?