Hello gentle readers! It’s been like FIVE days since I’ve been on my computer! Someone check my pulse. I’m dyin’ over here. Anyway, I ran out to the Mac store today to buy a new power cord. The old one looks like it had been snipped in half…airport security perhaps?!
Anyway, it’s over halfway through Tuesday, so I thought in honor of my Magical Moms event at Disney and in the effort to get a post up ASAP, I’d re-post my tips on having a frugal Disney World vacation. I might add a few thoughts here and there (depending on how long Asa naps). So, here are my…
TOP TEN WAYS TO SAVE MONEY AND STILL HAVE A MAGICAL DISNEY VACATION
1. Move to Orlando, make friends with Disney employees. They get free tickets. If they’ve worked there for like 15 years they get a pass that lets in 3 people a day. Yeah.
2. Receive tickets for Christmas presents. That’s how we went on our 2nd Disney cruise.
(what these aren’t working for you? ok. ok.)
3. Go during FREE DISNEY DINING. That means like FREE FOOD. Disney Dining is already a deal, in my opinion, but once a year, they offer FREE Disney Dining packages. So you get one counter service meal, one table meal and one snack per day per person FOR FREE. I’m not kidding. So cool.
4. Get on mailing lists. Find the sites for Disney, for airlines, for travel agents, etc. They always send emails about deals and free stuff. I have found more deals in my inbox and my mailbox than anywhere else.
6. And my one big tip for Disney Cruises: wait till the last minute. That’s what we did in March. We found a cruise (on Disney’s site, not even one of those special vacation sites) that was ridiculously cheap with one caveat–leave in 4 days. It was worth it!
7. Bring your own snacks…a granola bar and a water bottle goes a long way when waiting in line. You can bring all the food you want into the park, so don’t feel like you’re sneaking popcorn into the movies! But please splurge on a Mickey ice cream!
8. Stroller Swap. Instead of bringing your own stroller, or renting one from the park, try a stroller swap! Other Disney fans leave their stroller for you and then you do the same when you leave. What a great idea! (via The Dis Boards and Emily at Mommin’ It Up!)
9. FREE ADMISSION ON YOUR BIRTHDAY IN 2009. Seriously. Do you have any family members that have birthdays the same week? Twins? Head to Disney World! They’ll get in for free—plus they get a giant HAPPY BIRTHDAY button that lets the cast members know to treat them right. PS: My birthday is in TEN days…HINT HINT.
10. Just hang out on property! All the resorts have cool stuff to do–tandem bikes, beaches, boats, special programming, etc. Go visit one of the pricey resorts–The Animal Kingdom Lodge has as many animals as the real Animal Kingdom! (I even went on a free Hidden Mickey Scavenger Hunt there!) Go to one of the fun mini golf courses. Head to Downtown Disney for cute shopping and fun picture spots!
Want more Disney? See my most magical posts on earth!