When I was little, every Christmas my mom would
make let us sing a song before we opened presents. Usually it was a song from our church’s Christmas play. This is one of many amazing photos of Jason and me performing for the fam. Don’t we look excited? And exciting?
Well, besides my beautiful 10 year old self singing a song, there are more wonderful things about this Christmas photo. Care to look around?
1. The gifts. How is it that wrapping paper and bows can look retro? I mean, they are unusually un-trendy!
2. Grandpa. That’s my mom’s dad. He died when I was in 8th grade. I just like looking at him because this was before he got sick. (Notice his excitement at watching his grandchildren sing. We must have been so entertaining!)
3. Jason, my bro. He was 7 here. And boy howdy can he rock a geometric multi-colored sweater.
4. Oh, Amanda. Indeed. The hair. The dress. The shoes. The beautiful expression.
5. Technology. Do you see that tape deck? And the rotary cable box? Suh-weet!
6. The mantle. That’s my stocking—I know because there’s a little doll sticking out of it. We always put little stuffed animals in our stockings until “Santa” filled them up! And the four candles? I mean, how Christmas-y!
What did your Christmas of 1987 look like?