1. The audio version of Peter Pan. Read by the delectable, delicious and dreamy voice of Jim Dale. (I’ve never read this book, only seen the Disney version. It’s really so good and much more magical!)
2. Organic cherries from Whole Foods. $3.99/lb.
3. The woman who gave me a coupon in the checkout line at Whole Foods for a free apple pie.
4. And the apple pie.
6. My husband. He made Lydia breakfast this morning and they watched Sesame Street (one. whole. hour.) while I slept.
7. So You Think You Can Dance. Did you watch it last night? I think Joshua & Katee stole the show. The John Mayer dance was cool, too.
8. My hydrangeas. I didn’t even know I had them! Last year we had ONE little flower. Yesterday I discovered 10 deep purple hydrangeas and they are gorgeous! This is the fun thing about living in an old house–discovering the new blooms.
9. Taking a shower at 1:30 in the afternoon. (It’s 1:26 now.)
10. A broken cell phone. Although it’s very inconvenient, it’s also very quiet. And it’s soooo 1999.
11. Imagination. Namely, Lydia’s.
12. Pretending to be Mommy Unicorn to Lydia’s Baby Unicorn. All morning.
13. Thursday Thirteen. Because otherwise, I’d still be banging my head against my laptop for some blogspiration!