1. They Make Up Great Games.
Example: “I’m Going Night Night”
1. Kiss Mommy.
2. Go into Mommy & Daddy’s room. Close door behind you. Lay down in Mommy & Daddy’s bed.
3. Pretend to sleep for 2-3 minutes. Breathe loudly.
4. Wake up.
5. Decide if a)it’s too early to get up because the sun’s not even up yet OR b) let Mommy take a turn sleeping
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for at least 30 minutes.
2. They Understand the Chain of Command
Example: Lydia insists I call her “Princess”. In return, she addresses me as “Queen”. She calls her Daddy…wait for it…”Prince”. All this of her own accord.