I hope none of you are laboring today. So, to keep you in your restful place, a few memes:
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
I’m going to use my first name because, really, you already know too much about me.
Atlanta. I love my hometown.
Mama. I love my mom! She’s a big inspiration and my best friend!
Alphabet. I always loved having a name that starts with the first letter of the alphabet. (think straight A’s, Grade A, etc!)
Nuptials. As in marriage. I love being married to my hubby!
Daddy. My hero. A Christ-like example.
Acting. I was in a play in college.
That was kinda boring. How about my favorite foods according to my name?
Artichokes. Steam them and dip in melted butter. Yummm.
Mandarin Oranges. Especially in chicken salad with bacon and grapes. Oh baby.
Almonds. Even better if covered in chocolate. Better still in Ben & Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Chunk.
Noodles. Like from Macaroni Grill.
Donuts. As in Krispy Kreme.
Apples. Because I can’t think of another “a”.
Well, that was kinda boring, too. Oh well. I’ve got another meme for you. Let’s shift gears and get some bloggy advice. I doubt I have anything new to add, but Annie tagged so I’m responding!
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside those that you like. (Check out especially the * starred ones.) Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general. After that, tag 10 other people. Link love some friends! Just think- if 10 people start this, the 10 people pass it onto another 10 people, you have 100 links already!
1. Look, read, and learn. **
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. ***
3. Don’t let money change ya! *
4. Always reply to your comments. ***********
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. ******
6. Don’t give up – persistence is fertile. **
7. Give link credit where credit is due. ********
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post. *****
9. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you – it’s nice to know who is reading! *******
10. Make a blogger template unique: change the background colour, or add a background picture to your header. *
11. Write positively even if the situation is seemingly negative — spread joy and not gloom. You can do it!**
12. When you find something that interests you, write about it. Sharing yourself with others is one of the best things about blogging.**
13. Start draft posts to capture ideas for future posts, so you don’t lose track of them.
14. Be helpful to new bloggers. Remember when you first started blogging and didn’t know how to post a link? Or was that just me?***
15. If you have a question about blogging, don’t be shy, go ahead and ask. There are so many bloggers happy to give you help if you need it.*
16. Remember that blogging is a community – don’t be afraid to comment on the blogs you read. Reach out and make new friends, you’ll be glad you did!*
17. Try to blog daily, this is the only way to build up a “cyber following”**
18. Check that box on your profile so your bloggy buddies can reply by email to your comments, it makes life so much easier… and by all means PLEASE make your profile public so when you click on your name it doesn’t say profile not available. There’s no way to reply to you or visit you when you aren’t public!*
19. This is kinda similar to others–get involved! Don’t be afraid to click around, leave comments, email a blogger, do carnivals, continue an email conversation, join blogrings. The best part of blogging to me is the community–so go ahead, make some new friends! (like me!) ohamanda.com
That’s all I got folks. I know I should tag some people but…well, I…uh…am too tired to link to yall. So, if you’ve got some great advice, or want to share your name, or you are just bored on Labor Day, do one of these and let me know so we can all read it!