Today is my 100th post and my 30th birthday! How’s that for a celebration?!
I guess the “tradition” in bloggy-ville is to post 100 things about yourself for your 100th post. Honestly, I’ve only made it through about 4 100 things. So we’ll see how I do…
1. I was born in the same hospital as my brother and my cousin.
2. I was born 5 weeks early.
3. My mom fell at the airport and I came that night!
4. I was very shy when I was little.
5. I didn’t go outside by myself until my brother was old enough to go out with me.
6. He’s 3 years younger than me.
7. I loved and collected Care Bears.
8. My favorite one was Cozy Heart the Penguin.
9. I only had one Cabbage Patch Kid.
10. She was one of the World Travelers and went to Holland.
11. My first elementary school had ice cream for 10 cents.
12. I used to always buy those Flintstone Orange Push Ups.
13. I hate those now.
14. In middle school I succumbed to the big hair and layered socks.
15. But not NKOTB.
16. In High School I went to Philly, Miami & Ecuador on missions trips.
17. Since then I’ve lived in 6 states.
18. GA, FL, AL, OK, CO and very briefly in MO
19. I loved living in FL
20. Mickey Mouse lives there.
21. All of our friends worked for Disney.
22. We never paid to get into the parks.
23. I can’t think of anything better than free Disney World.
24. I auditioned to be a puppeteer at Disney World.
25. I didn’t make it.
26. My husband got a call back, though.
27. They wanted him to be Eeyore!
28. I love to read.
29. I think books are magical.
30. I hope some of the fictional characters I’ve read about are in heaven.
31. This is how old I’ll be next year.
32. Then the next.
33. I don’t even want to think about this age.
34. I had my daughter when I was 28.
35. It was the most surreal experience of my life.
36. The first thing I said was, “That did not just come out of me!”
37. I just didn’t know how much of her own person she would be.
38. My brother and his wife had the first grandchild in the family.
39. I was surprised because I’m the firstborn.
40. But my husband and I waited 7 years to get pregnant.
41. When I was little I used to look out the window to make sure my brother wasn’t getting kidnapped.
42. I also used to be afraid he would be an astronaut when he grew up and get separated from his spaceship and float around in space forever.
43. He works at Starbucks now.
44. I don’t drink coffee.
45. I could smell it all day though.
46. I don’t like tea either–hot or cold.
47. It tastes like a watered down coke.
48. My beverage of choice is water.
49. Or Chantico.
50. I have no idea why Starbucks got rid of this chocolaty drink.
51. I’m only halfway to 100 things…
52. I hope you’re not bored yet.
53. My favorite color is purple.
54. That’s why I named my daughter Lydia.
55. In the Bible, Lydia sold purple cloth.
56. My favorite chapter in the Bible is Psalm 139.
57. It’s about God’s great love for me.
58. I grew up in church.
59. My mom has been a pastor (kids’, middle school & outreach) for 25+ years.
60. My dad is in property management.
61. He used to always get free stuff from his tenants.
62. Once we got letterhead from Quaker Oats.
63. My brother and I used to draw on it.
64. I’m not an artist.
65. My brother is.
66. Hey, he sure is popping up on this 100 things about ME, isn’t he?
67. I went on my first Disney Cruise for free.
68. It was the best vacation ever.
69. I also went to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort for free.
70. I don’t love the beach, but that was fun.
71. My favorite kind of vacation is when you actually do something.
72. When I was little, we used to do roadtrips.
73. We drove to Minnesota, Michigan, New York and California.
74. All of my dad’s family lives in California.
75. Even though they are from Georgia.
76. My mom’s family is from Minnesota.
77. (This is the year I was born.)
78. Now my mom’s family lives in New Jersey and Georgia.
79. It makes me sad how everyone lives so far apart.
80. We’re going to see my cousin get married in MO this summer.
81. My first car was a Honda CRX.
82. I totalled it a few months later.
83. It wasn’t my fault.
84. The other car had 6 girls in it.
85. 2 of them broke their pelvis. 1 broke her jaw.
86. I wasn’t hurt at all.
87. I believe God protected me.
88. I have always loved pandas.
89. They kinda rhyme with…uhm…
90. Did you figure it out?
91. My parents used to call me Amanda Panda.
92. I was in a play in college.
93. I got killed at the end.
94. I love stories: plays, movies, tv, books
95. One of my favorite movies is The Wizard of Oz
96. When I was little we recorded it on my aunt’s VCR.
97. We used to watch it all the time.
98. I knew every word.
99. I think I still do.
100. That was harder than I thought.
Feel free to leave me a birthday comment! (hint, hint!)