I have always loved valentines. When I was little they had perforated edges and tissue paper thin envelopes. Now they come with shiny stickers and holographic words, but still they are delectable. Tiny little cards with yummy illustrations.
The day after Valentine’s Day I always hit up Walgreen’s or whoever has everything for 75% off. Then I look at the valentines to see which ones do NOT have the word “Valentine” on them. Lots of them are pretty non-lovey-dove and say stuff about being best friends or give sweet compliments.
Then I use them as fun greeting cards the rest of the year…
- fill an envelope with five or six and then mail for a fun treat
- drop in your kids’ lunch
- hide in your hubby’s coat pocket or briefcase
- tape to your kids’ mirror as a special surprise if you have to leave while they’re still asleep
- use as a notecard when dropping off food or returning something to a friend
- use as a bag tag for a gift
This is a cheap and cute way to brighten up anyone’s day! And oh, my favorite Valentine ever? Well, I’ve been saving these since 1994. You have to be very special to get one of these bad boys…
Now, get to those 75% off sales and grab up some Valentines!