Asa’s party was SO FUN. I can’t get over how much I enjoyed it. I’ve already written 1 of 3 posts about his party and will be sharing it tomorrow. (It’s about the FOOD!) But today, I wanted to give you the inspiration for the party. Of course, we did an ACE party, like I said because we call Asa ACE pretty regularly. And because ACE is equal to a ONE in cards. (I know, a pirate party seemed the most appropriate, but how often can you do a casino-playing card party for a kid? Pirate party is next year!)
Anyway, here are the Top Ten Blogs, Posts and Ideas that Inspired Me To Do an Ace Party:
**all pictures were taken from their respective sites and are owned by them. please visit their sites and tell them how much you love them.**
1. Card Garland at The Long Thread
I saw this post a looong time ago. Even before Asa was born and this card garland image always stuck with me. So, I scoured the internet until I found it again. The party is based on Alice in Wonderland. It is just the most precious, fun, grown-up, whimsical party. I love it. Plus, she has some great free printables to add to the day!
2. Alice in Wonderland Party from Lark & Lola
Another super cute and very creative party for a little girl. It was so fun it’s making me want to do an Alice Party for Lydia now! Lark & Lola even have a tutorial up for one of the cutest decorations from the party: a Red & White Rose Wreath!
3. Jackpot. A Digital Scrapbooking Kit from Britt-ish Designs.
I’ve linked to her before because her Disney kits are to die for. This Jackpot kit is all Vegas all the time—but has some adorable Ace papers and embellishments. And for $5, this kit really IS a jackpot!
4. Annabelle in Wonderland from Jessica Claire Photography. OK, I didn’t really get any ideas from this post. But it is just SO PHENOMENAL that you must see it. It makes me fall in love with Alice. I wish I had been invited to this party!
5. Cupcake Toppers from TomKat Studios.
Of course, I’ve seen cupcake toppers before. And love them. But TomKat Studios has a great idea–she has a few different themes to choose from. You buy it, she personalizes it with your initial and age. Then you print it at home! How smart is that?
6. Photo Booth from Simply Radiant.
A homemade photo booth. Oh my goodness gracious sakes alive. How do I love this? I could not even count the ways. And how fun do these people look?! I love them!
7. Candy Bar from “B” is for Birthday at Its Come To This.
I’ve seen this idea a few times for baby showers. But this birthday party had a similar color theme. So, it really inspired me! I mean, who doesn’t like picking out their own candy?!
8. You’re An Ace Thank You Cards from AlexKeller’s Etsy Shop.
10. This little guy. My Ace. My One and Only. On his first birthday.
:: :: ::
Well, you’ll just have to wait and see which ideas I really did steal from these awesome blogs and shops. I’ve always heard the secret to creativity is concelaing your source. Guess I’m not that creative then, huh? I can’t wait to show you everything we did because the party was great! (If you’re not subscribed to my blog, why don’t you do that now? Then you won’t miss a post!)