Here’s a few reasons I think you’ll like The Dig and want to snag it (for a mere $4.99):
1. Ruth’s husband actually wrote it. He is a pastor by day and says this ebook has been his “personal desire and attempt to teach [his] children the Bible from an early age.”
2. As you read the book, you are led by a grizzled old explorer named Doc. (Well, I added the grizzly description because it’s such a great word!) Isn’t he
4. This book is dummy-proof. All you have to do is sit down and read it with your kids. Read the passage, read the questions and talk with your kids. That’s it!
5. I think the book is geared more for elementary aged kids, but it’s simple and straight-forward enough for younger kids, too.
6. Each section covers just a few verses of Scripture at a time so I think you could do this as a family devotion over dinner! How fun would it be if you and your family read the entire book of Luke and talked about it together in just under two months?
7. There are even printable coloring sheets included!
8. It lends itself to so much extra fun: explorer hats, maps, treks through the jungle! Ooh, I’m getting excited just thinking about the possibilities! You know we love some explorers around here!
9. The Dig In Community begins September 3rd! That means people from all over the world will be doing The Dig with their kids and then connecting online to encourage each other! (Kinda like our Truth in the Tinsel facebook page in December!)