I got married almost eleven years ago. That is a long stinkin’ time. It makes me feel old to say I’ve been married for over a decade! That’s what you get when you marry at 14. KIDDING.
When I had my wedding showers, I remember how hard it was getting excited about a gift of spatulas or bath mats. Now I wish I could have an Anniversary Shower and I wouldn’t be able to contain my excitement over my new pot holders! So, as if I couldn’t be any more materialistic, here are the
TOP TEN GIFTS I STILL USE FROM MY WEDDING SHOWER
(AND WHAT I’D LIKE TO REPLACE IT WITH):
1. Pots & Pans. I remember exactly who bought me my big set of non-stick pots and pans. She said, “No fair! Amanda will never have to scrub a pot like we did.” Well, she was kinda right. I love a good non-stick pan. But now, well…I’m wondering if all that stuff about diseases linked to chipped non-stick pans is true. Because my pots? Scary. I looked around amazon.com and found this Calphalon pot. It was only like $99. I’m sure the whole set would only set me back a car payment or so.
2. Towels. Seriously. Towels should be replaced yearly. Or at least every five years. Sometimes I just like to shower with a beach towel so I can feel something soft. And speaking of soft, these towelswill only set you back $500 for the set. LUXURY.
3. Slow Cooker. I don’t even think I used mine for the first 4 years I had it. Now I use it all the time. Not successfully, but I do use it. I think this All Clad Slow Cookerwas about$150. Maybe I could start my own crock-pot-everyday-for-a-year blog, too?
4. Spatulas. Ok, maybe I’ve bought one or two new ones since then. But even still I’ve kept the other ones I was given for my wedding. Why is it so hard to throw away a utensil?! If I could I’d buy a whole set of these spatulas. They are PURPLE!
5.Broom. To be fair, I’m not sure if I actually got a broom for a present. But I at least had it in our first apartment. And I still have it. And can I just say that brooms are GROSS? They just seem to pick up dust and spread it around the room. Plus you can never get EVERYTHING up with a broom anyway. I much prefer a vacuum. Maybe I should get a broomlike this instead?
6. Down Comforter. I remember being so worried I wasn’t going to get all my bedding. But my sisterchicks’ families came through and I got every stitch of it. I still have the down comforter but if I could pick anything I want, it would be anything by DKNY Home. How cute is this one?!
7. Toaster Oven. I don’t actually still have this. I remember I got a toaster that I did NOT register for. (Who does this?!) Then, I ended up liking it and even though I threw it away a year ago, I still haven’t bought a new one. (Well, I did buy a cute red Oster that died within a month or two.) So, hubby wants this KitchenAid Toaster Oven because it matches our new appliances. But at $129, I think it’s a little unnecessary.
8. Ironing Board. I guess you probably have these forever and mine’s fine. But now that I have an actual LAUNDRY ROOM, I’ve been getting inspired about a cute and functional laundry room. How domestic is that?! Check out this cool room from Ikea. LOVE IT.
9. OK. I’m stuck here. I thought of casserole dishes, silverware and some assorted picture frames but nothing interesting enough to be on the ol’ Top Ten…
10. Husband. No, I won’t trade him in. He looks too cute playing with a 6 month old!
:: :: :: :: :: ::
OK, got a Top Ten list to share? Maybe something a little less shallow than mine? Come on! Post one on your blog and link up on the Mr. Linky below!