I am sitting in a Target’s Starbucks fifteen minutes from my new house. I’m trying to get online and even though I have three bars, I can’t connect.
Grrrr…who has free wi-fi?!
The internet isn’t going to be connected at home until Wednesday. * gasp* *choke* *faint* Oh well, it gives me time to unpack. *double choke* Anyway, I knew I had some important emails to return PLUS I wanted to get a Top Ten up today! So, here I am, sipping a tall Hot Chocolate and thinking about the…
Top Ten Things I’ve Learned From Moving
- I love my family & friends. We had both dads, my brother and three different friends hauling boxes, unpacking, juggling kids and turning a blind eye to the dust under our bed.
- I need to throw away a lot of junk. Seriously, when there are boxes that have been unopened since moving from Birmingham two years ago…
- DirecTV is stupid. Why would they not want to keep me as a customer? What kind of customer service representative says, “Oh well, if you had called us before your phone company, we would have saved you $120. Wish I could help you.”
- It’s really important to get your natural gas turned on BEFORE you move in. Otherwise you won’t have hot water or heat. And that is really really really not fun.
- New appliances are nice. I am already spoiled. The water dispenser in the fridge tells me how many ounces it’s dispensing. The oven has handles on the wire racks.
- New houses have new noises. The last two nights I have stayed awake listening to…well, nothing. Just trying to distinguish what all the noises were and if something I heard was one of my children.
- It’s also really important to get your internet connected before you move in. Otherwise you’ll be walking around your house with your laptop trying to bootleg someone’s internet connection. Or you might be sitting in the parking lot of Krystal at 9pm like I am now. Blast Starbucks.
- We have two dogwoods in our backyard! I miss our old tree so much, it was just a little gift from God to see those little dogwoods peeking out of the back yard!
- Labeling boxes does not make them easier to unpack. But it does lull you into a false sense of “I don’t need to unpack it right now, it’s got a label on it! I’ll be able to find whatever I need!”
- Home is where your heart is. And I’m home.
:: :: :: :: ::
So, how’s your week? Got a Top Ten to share? Post a list on your blog—any topic will do: Top Ten Drinks You Love At Starbucks (wow, you need to chill out on the caffeine), Top Ten Ways To Save Money During The Stinky Economy (like maybe skipping the Starbucks), Top Ten Places You’ve Lived (oh, what? I’m the only one who’s lived more than ten places in the last 15 years?), you know whatever tickles your fancy.
Then link up and start visiting the other participants! It’s fun. Really! I won’t be able to visit today, but I pinky swear I’ll be there on Wednesday. Happy Tuesday!
See you real soon! (< ——still kinda floatin’ on pixie dust, I guess.)