Ah, and now onto my favorite part of any party—the food!! From the very beginning I wanted to do apple food. You know, because Snow White eats an apple? Granted, it was poison and this food was supposed to be good, but still—I liked the connection.
So, our main dish was Snow White’s Caramel Apple Sundaes. *sigh* Just let that yummy title sink in.
There is a very big story that goes with these apples, but that’s a post for another day…let’s get to the how-to instead, shall we?
Ingredients & Tools:
- Apple Corer Peeler Slicer. (like this one)
- Melted Caramel (I used Smucker’s Caramel Ice Cream Topping. We poured it in the crock pot and let it heat up. Easy Peasy.)
- Whipped Cream (We made our own because we’re foodies like that…)
- Nut Topping
- Maraschino Cherries
- Optional Chocolate Chips &/or other toppings
1. Use the apple corer slicer peeler. (Except don’t use the peeler part.) It will cut the apple in a nice big spiral—cut into quarters. Place in bowl.
2. Pour on caramel.
3. Top with whipped cream, nuts and a cherry.
Are you lovin’ that? YUM. I figured that was food enough and decided to just add a few more warm pieces of food in case some random crazy person didn’t want anything sweet to eat. We had Sleepy’s Pillow Pizzas (Totino’s Pizza Rolls) and Doc’s Dwarf Size Quiche (Nancy’s Petite Quiche).
Then my SECOND favorite food item of the day was actually our beverage. I made a drink straight out of the movie:
Just combine ginger ale, frozen lemonade and apple juice. Then add the secret ingredient…
DRY ICE—for a spooky smoky potion! Cool, huh? Well, Lydia didn’t think so. Here she is when she first saw the punch.
Don’t worry, she got over it. I wrote “Snow White” on her cup and she drank it right up. (I wrote all the Snow White character names on the cups so everyone could find them again. Poor Bailey, Becky‘s daughter got, “Wicked Stepmother”!)
And last but certainly not least is the CAKE! My bff and sisterchick, Staci made it and besides being absolutley adorable it was DELICIOUS! (She’s available for your next birthday party or special event! Check out her cake blog!)
(and The Snow White Party Part 1 if you missed it!)