In keeping with my one-word New Year’s Resolution, I want to do MORE for our Compassion kids, Alizeta and Rasmane. (Have I told you about Rasmane? Oh, he’s so cute. After Asa was born, we decided to support a little boy, too. We chose Rasmane because he goes to the same “church” as Alizeta. So, hopefully, one day, when the kids are big enough, we can go to Burkina Faso and meet them! How cool would that be after years of supporting and getting to know them?!)
So, Lydia and I made gifts for Alizeta and Rasmane this week. And because I’m super creative, I stole this idea straight from No Time For Flash Cards. But here’s my mini-tutorial, just for the record…
leftover glittery craft foam (or regular craft foam works, too.)
adorable picture of children
1. Cut a piece of regular craft foam (or cardboard/cardstock would work here, too) to the size of desired frame. This will be the back.
2. Place photo in the middle.
(so I can’t cut straight…)
3. Cut glittery craft foam into same size as backing. This will be the frame. Then cut another hole in the middle…big enough to see the picture.
(yes, she has a runny nose…)
4. If your craft foam is sticky on the back, simply peel off the plastic layer and place on top of picture and backing. If not, glue in place. (I cut the frame small enough that it stuck right to the picture and the backing. So, I didn’t even glue the photo down.)
5. Use leftover foam pieces cut into shapes to decorate.
6. Attach string to back for hanging.
Cute, right? I’m pretty sure Alizeta and Rasmane are going to like them! I would! Who doesn’t like glitter?! Plus, when sending something to your Compassion kids, it can only be 1/4″ thick, so I think once I smash these a little, they’ll be the perfect gift!
Lydia loves to talk about Rasmane and Alizeta. I pray little things like this craft will keep them in her mind and keep her heart tender towards others.
This is my contribution to Impress Your Kids’ New Impressions Carnival! If you have something fun to do with your kids this new year, please link up and show off!